The Banking and Finance program has been developed to build up competencies in finance, banking, accounting, insurance and management as well as legal frameworks. It has a special focus on banking and finance areas. The program aims at developing the necessary skills and knowledge to successfully manage financial and banking activities, projects, entities at local and international level. The program offers comprehensive understanding of a variety of banking and finance concepts, instruments, methods and techniques in a global context. Our graduates will be able to critically think on current issues in banking and finance fields.
The main goal of the BS in Banking and Finance program is to prepare highly educated professionals in banking and finance areas. The program’s qualification objectives are to support personal development of students, involving them in research activities that will contribute in students’ local and international employability. Students will be engaged in activities in financial and banking entities in favor of economic and social development at international level. The program will prepare students for active citizenship, forming appropriate cultural, social and behavioral skills.
The Banking and Finance related positions are always in high demand with varied job possibilities and ongoing request for skilled experts. The BS in Banking and Finance degree enables you to find career within the corporations, investment and commercial banks, insurance companies, governmental organizations. The BS in Banking and Finance program will prepare you for career opportunities in today’s dynamic job market. Our graduates will have a solid career foundation in a broad spectrum of fields from large corporations to small medium enterprises, public companies, international organizations, Central Bank. The main focus is on preparing skilled undergraduates who would have successful careers in professional positions within financial fields, capital market operations, risk management, investment management and corporate finance.
Program graduates will be equipped with all the knowledge, skills and competencies that comprise the program learning outcomes (PLOs) to successfully join the banking and finance work environment.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates are able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge proficiency in banking and finance theories.
2. Explain fundamental functions of banking and financial structures, markets, and securities.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of theories, concepts and models in the areas of economics, and business management.
4. Construct companies’ financial statements by applying international accounting standards.
5. Analyze banking and financial data by applying financial ratios.
6. Employ research skills to carry quantitative and qualitative research analysis by applying modern information technologies.
7. Evaluate banking and finance related issues from ethics and social responsibility perspectives.
8. Apply critical thinking and creativity skills, collaboration and teamwork values in professional work environment.
9. Apply developed knowledge, skills and competencies to continue in graduate programs and pursue international career.