The duration of undergraduate studies in our faculty is four years (eight semesters) and the medium of instruction is Turkish.
In an environment where numerous faculties and legal professionals exist, our faculty’s fundamental mission is to make a difference by bringing up inquisitive legal professionals who act according to professional ethics and values and with a good command of the concepts, rules, principles and resources of the profession of law. In this respect, the role of the undergraduate education in equipping students with law formation skills carries great importance for us.
The aim of law education is to bring up inquisitive legal professionals who act according to professional ethics and values and with a good command of the concepts, rules, principles and resources of the profession of law. Being well-aware of the importance of possessing a second language in the field of law, an intensive English language environment is offered to Law students in our Faculty. Additionally, along with theoretical courses, the Faculty aims to equip the students with skills helping them solve complicated legal problems with their judgmental and analytic abilities.
Students successfully graduating from the Faculty of Law may pursue career opportunities as lawyers, judges, prosecutors and notaries. Additionally, they may undertake administrative duties as governors, district governors, inspectors and specialists. Law as a field of profession offers a wide spectrum of employment opportunities and a prestigious future for the graduates.
It is expected that the following learning outcomes should be fulfilled upon graduation from the ‘Law’ program:
KNOWLEDGE (Theoretical and Factual)
1. The basic institutions and concepts in various disciplines in theory and practice
2. Describe Turkey and the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus legislation in the field of law, judicial decisions and be informed about relevant scientific opinions
3. To have knowledge about research, reasoning, analysis and interpretation methods of legal science
SKILLS (Theoretical and Practical)
4. Compare, discuss and interpret legal regulations, judicial decisions and scientific opinions with methodological methods
5. Solve the legal problems faced by using the acquired information
6. Develop solutions against problems by using legal regulations, judicial decisions and scientific opinions
COMPETENCES (Responsibility, Learning, Communication, Discipline)
7. Take responsibility as a member of the team in order to develop solutions to the problems encountered in law practice by critically evaluating the knowledge and skills acquired in the field of law
8. Bring methodological solutions to the studies, to explain their opinions in written and verbal
9. Use at least one foreign language effectively in the professional field
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
Law Program (Turkish)
Abdi Cavus St. Walled Old City – Nicosia / North Cyprus
P.O. Box 139 Via Mersin 10 – Turkey.
+90 392 600 16 16
Mon – Fri 8:30A.M. – 5:30P.M.