The objective of the program is to train professionals who are going to be problem-solvers and innovation leaders in their organizations. Program structure is designed based on a philosophy that is very similar to the top MBA programs around the world. The clientele for the MBA program predominantly comes from an engineering background. Therefore, the program is structured such that the required courses expose students to the functional areas of business administration and two electives allow students to develop some level of mastery in a specific area. Students are also required to prepare a Term Project that is supervised by a faculty member and provides the opportunity to the student to research a business problem of interest.
1. Equipping students with all necessary skills, attitudes and approach to guide their decisions as business executives
2. Developing students’ abilities to handle today’s problems and prospects for business organisations functioning in a competitive world
3. Allowing students to develop their theoretical and practical skills and knowledge in one of the specialised areas
4. Enhancing intellectual development and student graduate maturity
5. Assisting the students to analyse, examine, investigate and compose the new knowledge and competencies they will acquire
6. Ensuring the highest possible penetration of each subject inquiry and exhaustion of conceptual academic as well as practical implications
7. Securing the necessary level of education for obtaining specialised knowledge and competencies and demonstrating mental independence
8. Offering insight into professional possibilities and modern organisations functioning in the context of today’s competitive world
9. Providing participating students with the skills necessary to guide both their short and long term decisions.
10. Providing international management education to its participants that will enable them to become effective general managers anywhere in today’s globally competitive environment
11. Providing students with graduate level of business education focusing on both theories and research from a holistic business point of view
12. Providing students with the necessary skills, attitudes and approach to guide their decisions as business executives
13. Providing students the ability to handle today’s problems and prospect for business organizations functioning in a competitive world
The MBA Degree is specifically designed to build upon business people’s existing knowledge and adding to their personal career development. The MBA is the tool for diversifying roles in a career for developing strategic leaders.
The MBA programme of the University of Nicosia aims in ensuring that its students acquire the appropriate management knowledge necessary and an in-depth understanding of all major business areas. Through theory and practice, the University of Nicosia MBA wishes to assist students develop into critical and intellectual individuals and the new business leaders of the future.
Graduates of the MBA programme can be employed at all sectors of the economy and business, whether this be in the manufacturing sector, tourist, financial services and professional services sectors, non profit organisations, education, trade, retail etc.
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
MBA601 ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOUR M
To analyze organizational behavior theories and theoriticians and comparing todays’ approach and make some applications
Personality, Learning, Perception, Attitude and Attitudes toward Job, Communication, Motivation Theories, Leadership, Conflict, Stress and Stress Management
Ergeneli Azize, “Örgüt ve İnsan” Hacettepe Üniversitesi Yayınları
MBA602 FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT M
The main objective of this course is to explain the tasks, goals, and methods of financial management in the organizations. Students will initially learn about the basic concepts of the course and in which constraints they should act in order to attain the main objectives of financial management.
Financial Analysis, Planning and Control, Budgeting, Capital Sources and Financial Markets
– İşletme Finansmanının Temelleri, by Brealey, Myers and Marcus, (Türkiçe?ye çevirenler Bozkurt, Arıkan ve Doğukanlı), Literatür Yayıncılık.
– Fundamentals of Financial Management, by Brigham and Houstan.
– Essentials of Managerial Finance, by Weston and Brigham.
– Corporate Finance, by Ross, Westerfield, and Jaffe.
MBA603 MANAGEMENT and ORGANIZATION M
To explain the basic concepts of business by discussing both classical and modern approaches in terms of foundations and structures of the organizations and management functions. To analyze organizational behavior theories and theoriticians and comparing todays? approach and make some applications
Foundation of organizations, functions of management, planning, organizing, influencing and coordination processes, communication, decision ?making, organization structures. Personality, Learning, Perception, Attitude and Attitudes toward Job, Communication, Motivation Theories, Leadership, Conflict, Stress and Stress Management
– Genel İşletmecilik Bilgileri, H. Can, D. Tuncer, Y.D. Ayhan, Siyasal Kitabevi.
-Modern İşletmecilik, İ. Mucuk, Türkmen Kitabevi.
-İşletme Yöneticiliği, T. Koçel, Beta Yayınevi.
Ergeneli Azize, ?Örgüt ve İnsan? Hacettepe Üniversitesi Yayınları
Understanding the Theory and Design of the Organizations, Richard Daft, International Edition.
MBA604 FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING M
– understand accounting environment and the basic concept
Defining and interpreting fundamental financial tables, Accounting concepts and principles, Accounting equation, Accounting standards, Ledger and journals, Adjusting entries, Completing accounting cycle, Accounting of receivables.
– Hongern, Harrrison and Bamber, Accounting, 6th edition, Prentice Hall, 2005, 0-13-124700-X.
– Meigs and Meigs, Bettner and Whittington, Accounting , The Basis For Business Decisions, Tenth Edition , Mc Graw Hill., ?0-07-114505-2.
– Wegandt, Kiesko and Kimmel, Accounting Principles, Fifth edition, Wiley,1999,
– Orhan Sevilengül, Genel Muhasebe,Gazi kitapevi
MBA605 QUANTITATIVE METHODS M
This course aims to provide the student with the skills to understand basic operations research techniques and implement those in areas of business such as production, finance, and marketing.
Optimization and Modeling, Linear programming, Mixed-Integer Programming, Data
Envelopment Analysis, Critical Path and Project Evaluation Techniques, Queuing Models,
MBA606 PRODUCTION and OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT M
At the end of this course the student will be able to explain, and evaluate the knowledge about the strategic decisions in production and operations management, inventory, and capacity, location and layout of an organization.
– Operations Strategy
– Process Management
– Product Design and Development
– Capacity Planning
– Location Decisions
– Supply Chain Management
– Inventory for Independent Demand
– Inventory for Dependent Demand
– Production Planning
– Maintenance Planning
1- Lee J. Krajewski – Larry P. Ritzman – Manoj K. Malhotra; Operations Management / Üretim Yönetimi, Editör: Prof. Dr. Semra Birgün, 9. Basımdan Çeviri, NOBEL Akademik Yayıncılık, Ankara, 2012.
2- Krajewski L.J., Larry P. Ritzman , Operations Management: Process and Value Chains, Ninth Edition, Pearson Prentice Hall, 2010, 0-13-127310-8
3- Jay Heizer, Barry Render , Operations Management : Flexible Version 9/e, Prentice Hall, 2010
MBA607 HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT E
To provide information for students by explaining history and functions of human resource management,job analysis, recruitment, training and development and peeformance evaluation
The history of human resoruce management, job description, recruitment processes, training and development applications, job valuation and performance evaluation
? Mondy, C., Human Resoruces Management, Printice Hall Publications, New York
? Can, H. İnsan Kaynakları Yönetimi, Siyasal yayınevi, Ankara
MBA608 MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS E
The course aims to teach the modeling, using and reporting of databases for business
Discusses the concepts of RDBMS, discusses the Database, Database Management Software?s are told, database, tables and fields are defined, SQL explained, are examples of Business Administration
– Microsoft Access 2010: Introductory, 1st Edition Gary B. Shelly | Philip J. Pratt | Mary Z. Last ISBN-13: 9781439078471 328 Pages | 2011 | Published
– SQL: A BEGINNER’S GUIDE 3/E Publication Date: August 8, 2008 | ISBN-10: 0071548645 | ISBN-13: 978-0071548649 | Edition: 3
– WEB Resources ?www.w3schols.com?
– Lecture notes
MBA609 FINANCIAL ANALYSIS E
Defining financial markets and instruments, evaluating portfolio performance by using fundamental and technical analysis, defining and valueing bonds and stocks.
Financial markets and instruments, bonds and stocks, valuation of bonds and stocks, derivative products.
– Mehmet Baha Karan, Yatırım Analizi ve Portföy Yönetimi, İkinci Baskı Gazi Yayınevi, 2004, 975-7313-99-8.
– Sharpe, Alexander and Bailey, Investments, Prentice Halls, 0-13-183344-8.
MBA610 DECISION ANALYSIS E
This course aims to provide the student with the skills to model, propose solutions, and analyze single- and multiple-criteria decision problems arising in decision making situations under certainty, uncertainty and risk.
Decision Analysis, Decision Problems, Decision Making under Uncertainty and Risk, Utility Theory, Attitudes Towards Risk, Decision Trees, Single- and Multi -Criteria Decision Making Models
– Operations Research: Applications and Algorithms. W.L. Winston. Thomson / Brooks-Cole, 2004.
– Spreadsheet Modeling and Decision Analysis, C.T. Ragsdale, Thomson / South-Western, 2004
MBA611 CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR E
The course aims to provide the students the ability to fully understand the basic consumer behavior and to understand the factors that effects the process of consumer behavior
To analyze consumer buying behavior and the factors that effect the consumer behavior process
– Consumer Behavior: Global Edition, 10/E, Michael Solomon, Pearson Higher Education, ISBN-10: 0273767313 , ISBN-13: 9780273767312
– Tüketici Davranışları, Prof. Dr. Yavuz Odabaşı
MBA613 QUALITY MANAGEMENT E
At the end of this course the student will be able to explain and evaluate the concepts of Quality and Total Quality Management, quality costs, statistical quality control and quality systems such as ISO 9000 and six-sigma.
The Total Quality Approach to Quality Management, Total Quality Tools, Quality Costs, Statistical Process Control, Optimizing and Controlling Processes through Statistical Process Control, Quality Function and Deployment (QFD), Implementing Total Quality Management
1- S. Thomas Foster, Managing Quality, Prentice Hall, 2007 2- Donna S.C. Summers, Quality, 4/E, Printece Hall, 2006 3- Dr. David L. Goetsch, Quality Management, 5/E, Printice Hall, 2006 4- Mahmut Tekin, Toplam Kalite Yönetimi, 2012.
MBA615 STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT E
To enable graduate students to use their previous business courses? knowledge coupled with new strategic management approach learned.
Strategic management process, corporate vision and mission, external and internal assessment, corporate strategies, strategic evaluation, choice and implementation, strategic control.
To discuss major topics over business ethics, professional ethics, work ethics, and make students to be able to recognize and analyze ethical dilemmas in business world.
Business ethics, stakeholders, corporate social responsibility, ethical dilemmas in business, sustainable development and ecological issues, business ethics and Turkish culture.
– Business and Society, Post, Lawrence and Weber, 10th edition
MBA697 TERM PROJECT M
This course aims to provide the students to have knowledge about research methods, project and thesis writing and apply them into practice. At the end of the course, the student will be able to ? learn the project process ? simulate the real business world ? develop solution methods ? prepare development reports
Problem determination; Project management; Project evaluation; Reporting and presenting