The objective of the program is to train professionals who are going to be problem-solvers and innovation leaders in their organizations. Program structure is designed based on a philosophy that is very similar to the top MBA programs around the world. The clientele for the MBA program predominantly comes from an engineering background. Therefore, the program is structured such that the required courses expose students to the functional areas of business administration and two electives allow students to develop some level of mastery in a specific area. Students are also required to prepare a Term Project that is supervised by a faculty member and provides the opportunity to the student to research a business problem of interest.
1. Equipping students with all necessary skills, attitudes and approach to guide their decisions as business executives
2. Developing students’ abilities to handle today’s problems and prospects for business organisations functioning in a competitive world
3. Allowing students to develop their theoretical and practical skills and knowledge in one of the specialised areas
4. Enhancing intellectual development and student graduate maturity
5. Assisting the students to analyse, examine, investigate and compose the new knowledge and competencies they will acquire
6. Ensuring the highest possible penetration of each subject inquiry and exhaustion of conceptual academic as well as practical implications
7. Securing the necessary level of education for obtaining specialised knowledge and competencies and demonstrating mental independence
8. Offering insight into professional possibilities and modern organisations functioning in the context of today’s competitive world
9. Providing participating students with the skills necessary to guide both their short and long term decisions.
10. Providing international management education to its participants that will enable them to become effective general managers anywhere in today’s globally competitive environment
11. Providing students with graduate level of business education focusing on both theories and research from a holistic business point of view
12. Providing students with the necessary skills, attitudes and approach to guide their decisions as business executives
13. Providing students the ability to handle today’s problems and prospect for business organizations functioning in a competitive world
The MBA Degree is specifically designed to build upon business people’s existing knowledge and adding to their personal career development. The MBA is the tool for diversifying roles in a career for developing strategic leaders.
The MBA programme of the University of Nicosia aims in ensuring that its students acquire the appropriate management knowledge necessary and an in-depth understanding of all major business areas. Through theory and practice, the University of Nicosia MBA wishes to assist students develop into critical and intellectual individuals and the new business leaders of the future.
Graduates of the MBA programme can be employed at all sectors of the economy and business, whether this be in the manufacturing sector, tourist, financial services and professional services sectors, non profit organisations, education, trade, retail etc.