The ultimate authority in the University is the Rector as indicated in the By-laws of the University. In fulfilling his duties, the Rector is assisted by the Senate (academic issues) and by the University Executive Council (administrative issues).
The Senate is the highest academic organ of the University regarding the academic issues and it is chaired by the Rector. Other members of the Senate include Vice Rectors, Deans of Faculties, Directors of Institutes and Schools, Chairs of Academic Departments, elected Representatives of Faculty Members and Student Representatives.
- It discusses and proposes academic plans, programs; reports concerned with the University’s educational policies, research and publication activities. It submits its proposed decisions for the approval of the Board through the Rector;
- It prepares regulations and by-laws concerning the University and proposes them to the Board of Trustees for the approval;
- It sets quality standards and monitors the quality of educational programs and decides on the Academic Calendar.
University Executive Council
University Executive Council is an administrative body assisting Rector in carrying out mainly the following functions:
- It assists the Rector in implementing the decisions of the Senate;
- It considers the proposals of the University’s units in forming the investment program, budget proposal and proposes to the Rector’s Office;
- It carries out the functions assigned to it by the Rector and by-laws of the University.
The Quality Council at Rauf Denktas University consists of the Rector of the University, members of Faculties and representatives of Administrative Units as proposed by the Rector and approved by the Senate. Students are also represented in the Council. The Rector of Rauf Denktas University chairs the Council. The Council convenes regular sessions every month. The council prepares the strategic plan of the University, evaluates the quality and level of education and research in Rauf Denktas University, carries out internal and external quality assurance related tasks in line with the European Higher Education Standards Guide (ESG), interacts with internal and external stakeholders in relation to quality management activities, monitors performance indicators of the University, develops guidelines related to improvement of quality standards in the University, determines the principles, quality indicators and rules to be applied by academic and administrative units in institutional and personnel accreditations in external quality evaluations and submits them to the Senate for approval, coordinates the strategic planning process, prepares reports based on the surveys conducted in the University, develops surveys and methods of assessment for the surveys and provides consultation to the University when the University goes through external accreditation processes. The term of office for faculty members and representatives of administrative units is two year. Student representatives serve in the Council for a year.