With the growth of online activity in many areas of life, outstanding digital marketing competency is needed across all business sectors. On this developed in consultation with our industry partners, you will extend your existing skills while gaining the digital and social media marketing knowledge needed in today’s demanding digital global economy.
Looking at the challenges faced by organisations in a dynamic and competitive global environment, you will learn to understand the role that digital marketing plays in addressing these challenges. You will also look at relevant ethical issues, issues of sustainable development, and how digital marketing can support a wider commitment to social justice. In particular, you will develop the range of skills needed to plan, manage and implement a digital marketing plan to support a business strategy.
You will look critically at current literature on a wide range of digital marketing theories and issues but the programme is also highly practical. You will work on live case study assignments and group projects while running real-life digital marketing campaigns, applying search and social media marketing techniques to support competitive marketing strategies.
1. Explore digital marketing strategies based on marketing data and analytics
2. Develop a critical understanding of consumer behaviour
3. Expand your core skills in social media-based targeting and communication strategies
4. Look at integrated marketing communications in the 21st century marketplace
5. Put your learning into practice through either a paid Industry Placement or the Industry Collaboration Project